In the company of Anna Halprin

I love my Berkeley job.      Thanks to Professor Wymore in the TDPS department, I've had access to the most incredible people in the bay area. Anna Halprin has invited the Dance Performance Students to watch and possibly participate in her upcoming dance projects. I get to assist Professor Wymore in the process.  Cal Students/Alumni might also get the opportunity to be part of this dance project--you know--if one of us happen to be sitting in the right rehearsal space, at the right moment, and with the right energy. Either way, it's such an honor to be in the presence of such an accomplished artist and a plus to watch her work. I took some notes tonight because the exercises she was giving out were absolutely innovative and fun. This lady is in her 90's, and she's putting many to shame with her constant desire to motivate, dance, and create.


Comments