Follow up on "Great Things" performances

"Pieces of Her" had a world premiere tonight at the Great Things event. It was awesome. Sophie Needelman facilitated the event with such an ease that made the performances fun and evocative.  All choreographers got to talk about their piece at the beginning of the performance. I feel immensely proud and happy that I am surrounded by some of the most inventive and creative individuals out here in the bay. I feel as if I'm building a community with amazing artists. A huge shout out to my beautiful dancers and collaborators: Daniella Aboody and Natalie Marsh. The piece was richer because of them. A thank you to Sophie Needelman and The Defiance Project for making the event possible. A thank you to our guests who wrote feedback on little note cards. I received positive notes and constructive feedback tonight. I even got one for the dance film "Polarity", which we also screened at the performance today. These notes are going to be extremely useful as I continue exploring this dance and my personal history.

Overall, it was a wonderful and productive event. Can't wait for Thursday, when we get to do it all over again.


Comments