"Sleepless in Seattle The Musical" and remembering my time with Pasadena Playhouse

Before coming to the bay area I was an L.A. girl. Let me clarify, I was born and raised in Perú, but I have spent most of my life in Southern California. Los Angeles runs deep and pumps in my blood. I lived in all parts within the city and around it. Once upon a time when I lived in the San Gabriel Valley I used to work for Pasadena Playhouse. The artists and people I met while working there were really amazing individuals. The only reason I left the theater, for Gilmore has a way of holding onto you, is my desire to attend UC Berkeley.

One of the perks of working for the State Theater of California is being surrounded by incredible artists. I saw Sister Act the Musical starring Dawn Lewis years before it hit the Tony stage, I was there for every sold out show of Fences starring Laurence Fishburne and Angela Bassett, and I saw Of Mice and Men recreated with a Latino cast. I worked under Brad Price, one of the co-founders of Furious Theater---an amazing company of actors and producers who create the most interesting contemporary plays I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. I learned so much being part of this community; from working in development to the directing styles of Sheldon Epps. Pasadena Playhouse will always be a part of me.

Which is why this past Saturday, May 25th, I flew in for Memorial Day weekend to support Sheldon Epps' Sleepless in Seattle the Musical. If you are in the Pasadena/L.A. area these upcoming weeks and you're looking for a show with a lot of heart and a lot of humor, check out Sleepless in Seattle the Musical. I cried, I laughed, I even hummed a catchy tune during intermission. Go watch, and afterwards let's talk about it.

Pasadena Playhouse: http://www.pasadenaplayhouse.org/box-office/mainstage/sleepless-in-seattle-the-musical.html
Furious Theater Co.: http://www.furioustheatre.org/index.html

Comments