Angela's Pulse in PITTSFIELD MOVES! - a project curated by Jacob's Pillow & created by the Pittsfield Community


* * * 

Proud to announce I am part of a team of artist in Angela's Pulse, that are currently in the process of entering community in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. The first six months of the journey is a listening tour to meet community members, artists, families, and groups who are already doing amazing work in the city. This project, as described above, will be a collaboration between the community of Pittsfield (who will be at the center of this project) and Angela's Pulse. In 2012, I was a part of this art-community-making-process as an employee/community member/performer for UC Berkeley's FROM THE FIELD TO THE TABLE. This time, I am going to be on other side of the process. * Meeting folks in Pittsfield, and its surrounding communities, has been a wonderful and educational experience for me. There is so much good work happening, that I'm taking everything I'm learning from Pittsfield community members back to my own community in El Sereno, California. I look forward to sharing more about the project in the days to come. Follow Angela's Pulse Instagram to stay up to date on the project. Visit Jacob's Pillow website to learn more about the culminating event this July 2018: jacobspillow.org/programs/pittsfield-moves/

Comments